LKQ Europe, which is head quartered in Zug, Switzerland and a subsidiary of LKQ Corporation, is the leading distributor of automotive aftermarket parts for cars, commercial vans and industrial vehicles in Europe.
The LKQ Europe Head of Public Affairs will lead the strategic plan and delivery of all LKQ Europe’s lobbying, regulatory and public affairs work. The role will need to use their experience to create a favorable connection with politicians, the European parliament and governments, and provide guidance to the internal management teams and key stakeholders across Europe.
- Developing and executing public affairs strategies related to European legislation, programs and institutions;
- Managing projects of new and existing programs aimed at regulatory and public affairs activities;
- Ensuring public affairs and political positions, activities and messages are consistent with overall LKQ Europe business goals, objectives and values;
- Creating a positive influence for the agenda of LKQ Europe among European parliamentarians and government members, civil servants, and their institutions to promote and strengthen the mission of LKQ Europe;
- Ensuring and establishing tight relation and cooperation with the relevant organisations for the Aftermarket such as Figiefa, Clepa, AFCAR etc.;
- Serving as a consultant on political topics related to the Independent Aftermarket for external and internal stakeholders;;
- Monitoring and summarizing political trends and developments related to LKQ Europe’s agenda and the developments in the automotive industry and the independent aftermarket;
- Establishing detailed European public affairs guidelines, guidance and procedures;
- Evaluating strategic communications plan to advance LKQ Europe’s positions and enhance awareness of our priorities and services.