The purpose of the role is to ensure consistent and effective messaging across all internal and external communications to relevant stakeholder groups (employees and leadership teams, customers, suppliers, media, politicians and key industry bodies) in Belgium.
In addition to this role, the Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing regional projects, aligned to the local needs (Belgium, France and the Netherlands) and to the European strategy and approach.
The Communications Manager will be part of the regional communication’s team reporting to the Regional Head of Communications and will be located in Belgium.
- Establish an internal communications plan in cooperation with the Regional Head of Communications and senior managers.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin and internal presentations. You may also be required to work on the layout of content.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Investigate and ensure the use of social media and other digital tools that are used to communicate with staff internally.
- Handle the internal communications response to crisis situations which affects organizational perception and reputation.
- Draft messages or scripts for senior executives for presentation to employees both written and spoken.
- Deliver communication excellence:
- Keep (internal) clients abreast of progress and answer their questions.
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communication content accordingly.
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative team of art directors and designers.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization.
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
- Development of the external communication plan (PR, social media and CSR) and ensuring its application throughout the year in close collaboration with all key stakeholder’s groups – customers, suppliers, media, politicians and key industry bodies.
- Manage and enhance the corporate brand, image and reputation.
- Definition and management of all external communication projects on a market level.
- Provide crisis management support to the business, relevant functions and teams.
- Strong alignment with regulatory affairs and corporate affairs to ensure that the key topics are amplified across all external communication.
- Write, edit and distribute content, including press releases (pro - active and reactive), customer success and newsroom stories, presentations, newsletters, advertorials, speeches and hosting media round tables.
- Ensure all stakeholders/spokespeople act in compliance with group media relations policy.
- Produce business-relevant content in cooperation with key stakeholders in the organization, including creating appealing presentation formats.
- Ensure external communication messages correspond to internal communication messages.
- Adapt content to specific target audiences, including senior management, direct customers and indirect customers, such as brand owners and retailers.
- Generate ideas for catchy content illustration.